Here are ten fast-facts to help you stay in the know:
- While Mr. Paterson has been before the Planning & Zoning Board to discuss redevelopment plans, nothing formal had been submitted until now.
- The application was submitted on July 10, 2018
- A site plan was submitted with the application, but will be reviewed under a separate process.
- The application is to amend a portion of the Yacht Club property from commercial recreation to multi-family residential.
- The amendment is necessary in order to build 33 three-story townhomes.
- The next step is that the City of Lighthouse Point must review the land use plan amendment and meet with Mr. Paterson.
- The next step after that is that the proposal will need to go through:
The City Administrator and City Attorney will be organizing a public workshop, where members of the community can provide their input on this project.
Mr. Paterson hopes to break ground on the new Clubhouse by mid-2019.
Your heartfelt support and encouragement is much appreciated, always.
- The City’s Development Review Committee
- The Planning & Zoning Board, that’s P&Z for short
- The City Commission
- Broward County, for review
- Back to the City Commission
Development inquiries | Please contact Jess Orndoff at [email protected]
Membership inquiries |Please contact Meagan Wheelan at [email protected]