LIGHTHOUSE POINT YACHT CLUB DEVELOPMENT
A Message from Terry Paterson
After years of research, and many meetings with Club members, local residents and city officials, we are proud to present our proposed gated yacht club and townhouse development.
We have gone through ten different concept plans and, after much help and many suggestions, we have settled on this proposal to the city. Our goal is to build a new state-of-the-art yacht club facility with full amenities, making it the best yacht club on the eastern seaboard.
To achieve this goal, we must generate funds to pay for our new club. The estimated expense for the club and land is roughly $32 million. No amount of membership to a yacht club could possibly pay for this. Therefore, we are proposing to build thirty-three luxury townhomes on the property to subsidize the cost.
We propose to build and sell thirty-three, three-story townhomes no higher than 35′, built to meet the city’s existing townhome building codes. The townhomes will help pay for the new 35,000 square foot clubhouse. We anticipate breaking ground on the townhomes in June 2019, and they will take 16-18 months to build. The proposed townhomes are priced from $1.45M to $1.95M.
All Townhomes will have
- 4 Bedrooms, all with large walk-in closets, including separate his-and-hers walk-in closets in the Master Bedroom
- 4.5 Bathrooms
- Full-size Laundry Room
- Over 3,000 square feet of air-conditioned space
- 800 square feet of covered outdoor space, including three covered balconies + an option for a Patio with a Barbecue
- Over-sized two-car Garage
- Well-appointed Kitchen, including Miele state-of-the-art appliances, located on the ground floor
- Living Room, located on the ground floor
- Dining Room, located on the ground floor
- Private Garden Area
- Elevator to all three floors + a floating staircase with glass railings
- 360° views of Sunrise over the Atlantic Ocean; Sunset over the Everglades; and the Club, is property and Marina
- Low HOA Fees
- Located within the gated community of Lighthouse Point Yacht Club, townhome residents will have access to all Club amenities
The City of Lighthouse Point
Lighthouse Point is a small, albeit unique and very special city, and prime location for a yacht club. It’s also a prime location to live, raise a family, retire, start a business, and own waterfront property close to Hillsboro Inlet.
That being said, why not give the City of Lighthouse Point a well-deserved epicenter for luxury living, together with a gathering place in which the city, residents, members, and the community-at-large can be proud of?
When the Lighthouse Point Yacht Club was built in 1961, it was the jewel of Lighthouse Point. Over the years this jewel became weathered and worn, both literally and figuratively, to the point where it cannot be restored to its original glory with a simple spit and shine. It is necessary, at this point, to build a new Clubhouse. A Clubhouse that will catapult Lighthouse Point real estate to be comparable in value to that of neighborhoods, such as Las Olas Isles, Rio Vista and Royal Palm. The Clubhouse will be sustainable through the better part of the next century, and one that doesn’t quiver against the threat of hurricane force winds. The Clubhouse will house a Member-Only Club that supports the notion that the City of Lighthouse Point is the preferred place to live, if you desire a lifestyle that boasts the amenities of a larger city, without the traffic and congestion that comes with city living.
CLUBHOUSE FRONT I
A well-deserved epicenter for luxury living, and gathering place …
Our new 35,000 square foot clubhouse, will encompass the following:
- 2,400 square foot tennis center-bistro
- 2,500 square foot kid’s center
- Three-lane Olympic-size swimming pool
- Resort pool
- Two spas
- Kid’s pool
- 10,400 square foot gym, health and medical spa facility
- Five Har-Tru tennis courts with lights for night play
- 280-person banquet hall on the second floor
- Large outdoor event space
- Indoor fine dining restaurant and piano lounge
- Outdoor tapas bar
- Card and billiard room
- Large conference room
- Bridal suite
- Highly-rated, seventy-eight slip yachting marina
CLUBHOUSE FRONT II
Member financial obligation through development
We are hoping to break ground for the new Clubhouse by mid-2019. But we are hoping to begin construction of the new Tennis Center-Bistro as soon as possible, as this will serve as a temporary Clubhouse during construction. While under construction, we will maintain our existing gym, pool, (a minimum of five) tennis courts, and marina. During construction, our members will have a place to eat, drink, socialize, workout, play tennis, and house their boats. We also vow to maintain all of our current charitable efforts.
Our members also have the option of utilizing the Fort Lauderdale Country Club, which boasts two of South Florida’s most prestigious golf courses, through our newly minted reciprocal agreement with the property. This agreement is in addition to the reciprocity we enjoy with a myriad of other yacht clubs through our longtime charter with Yachting Club of America.
Our existing members will be grandfathered in to the new Club, financially, and will not be faced with additional initiation fees, nor will further assessments be levied, for the continuous duration of their membership.
New member initiation fees will increase substantially after our permits have been issued, or we reach 500 Flagship memberships, whichever goal is achieved first. We expect the new member non-refundable initiation fee to be between $18,000 and $22,000. Until then, the new member initiation fee is stabilized at the current rate of $7,500.
During construction, existing members will be expected to continue paying membership dues, and all membership rules and regulations will remain in effect. The annual Food & Beverage minimum will be lifted for approximately one year, amid the construction of the Clubhouse.
CLUBHOUSE · MARINA · PARKING
Membership, privilege and pride
We would like to express the notion that while membership with Lighthouse Point Yacht Club has its privileges, that include access to an unparalleled Club experience, “where everybody knows your name,” but it also presents a sense of community and civic pride through our ongoing charitable effort.
Lighthouse Point Yacht Club is committed to support local schools and community organizations.The latter of which collectively provides support and services to veterans, military families, children and young adults with special needs, and the homeless.
Our newest program, is a gratuitous effort extended to the City of Lighthouse Point first-responders. We are offering individual, initiation-free Club membership, to these fine women and men who selflessly protect and serve our community every day.
CLUBHOUSE · MARINA
Events and Programs
Lighthouse Point Yacht Club is committed to hosting social events and programs that appeal to the ages, and maintains member-run committees that meet regularly to share ideas with Club management. Here’s a sampling of our special events and programs:
- We celebrate most holidays, religious and nonreligious
- Other regular Club events include our monthly Full Moon Party; DJ entertainment & live music, up to three-times weekly; wine tastings, farm-to-table dinners on our face dock, and other carefully planned and orchestrated themed events
- We have a vibrant (Family) Cruising Group, with monthly cruises planned, complete with planned dinners and activities down the line
- Fishing Tournaments
- Tennis Tournaments, both inter and intra-Club; private tennis lessons; cardio tennis; group live ball; and nighttime tennis on our lit courts
- Recently renovated Fitness Center; personal training, and group classes include: yoga, spin/SPOGA, mat pilates, x-factor and water aerobics
- Kid’s Rule at Lighthouse Point Yacht Club! Monthly Kids Days are fun-filled days. Activities are thoughtfully planned and orchestrated, and vary in theme and focus from month to month; Sunday Fundays are planned with the entire family in mind.
CLUBHOUSE · POOLSIDE
In closing, we do hope that our members, neighbors, and surrounding community of Lighthouse Point are as excited about this project as we are, and see this development as a positive fulfillment to need in the community.
One of the most frequent comments that we have heard, amid our research on the community of Lighthouse Point is, “We don’t need anymore expensive waterfront homes, we have enough. What we need is luxury townhomes for families who wish to upgrade to a waterfront property, and those wishing to down-size. Many of those who wish to downsize, wish to do so from large, waterfront homes.”
We are happy to proclaim that we are that option, with a five-star Yacht Club right in your backyard.
Should you have any questions or comments, I have and will continue to maintain an open door policy with regard to these proposed plans.
Naturally, while I am one and you are many, I must maintain my open door policy via email. Please feel free to email me, and I will be sure to respond as soon as possible.